The Frequency Assignment tool assigns frequencies to stations, considering any restrictions imposed by existing assignments using general methods for all services. It is applicable to cellular and other area-covering systems, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and military radio networks.
The Frequency Assignment function provides these general possibilities:
- Assignment of frequencies for stations in exclusive allocations, with no restrictions
imposed by existing assignments.
- Assignment of new frequencies in existing allocations, where present assignments
must be considered.
- Assignment of simplex and duplex frequencies.
- Selection of certain strategies to control the selection of frequencies across the
available band or discrete frequencies.
- Full range of propagation models available for different evaluation purposes and
- Consideration to the cross-polarisation discrimination between the wanted signal and
the interfering signals due to the antenna properties and the propagation medium. Normal/Orthogonal polarisation can be assigned automatically, considering the polarisation properties of the selected allotment.
- Validity dates are controlled when calculating interference.