The Interference tool calculates only far-field interference. The Collocation Interference tool performs calculations of interference situations in sites (locations) with many transmitters and receivers. The following sources of interference are calculated.
- Intermodulation, 2nd order and selectable odd orders up to the 13th order with up to 13 simultaneous signals
- IF breakthrough with 1st IF included
- Image frequency, receiver image considered
- Harmonics, selectable up to the 13th order
- Co-channel and adjacent channels interference
- Receiver blocking
Spectral widening of intermodulation, spurious and harmonic signals is considered. Individual transmitter duty cycle is included and the probability in time for each potentially interfering signal is calculated.